- Agricultural & Biological Engineering
- Agricultural & Consumer Economics
- Agricultural Education
- Animal Sciences
- Crop Sciences
- Food Science & Human Nutrition
- Human Development & Family Studies
- Natural Resources & Environmental Sciences
- Division of Nutritional Sciences
- Agricultural Communications Program
Offices and Services:
127 W Gregory Drive
132 Animal Science Lab
Urbana, IL 61801
Steven C. Loerch is Professor and Head of the Animal Sciences Department in the College of ACES at the University of Illinois. He received his bachelor’s degree in Animal Science from Penn State University in 1977, his master’s degree from the University of Illinois in 1979, and his Ph.D. from the University of Illinois in 1981.
Loerch served as a faculty member in the Department of Animal Sciences at The Ohio State University from 1981 to 2014. He is recognized internationally for his research on nutrition and management strategies that have immediate impact on the efficiency and profitability of beef production and on the quality and nutritional characteristics of beef. He has received awards for teaching, research, and service to the livestock industry. In 2013 he was named a Fellow of the American Society of Animal Sciences.