- Agricultural & Biological Engineering
- Agricultural & Consumer Economics
- Agricultural Education
- Animal Sciences
- Crop Sciences
- Food Science & Human Nutrition
- Human Development & Family Studies
- Natural Resources & Environmental Sciences
- Division of Nutritional Sciences
- Agricultural Communications Program
Offices and Services:
ACES Award of Merit winners
Happy New Year! With the start of a new year behind us, it is also one of my favorite times of the year as we announce new College of ACES Alumni Award winners. The ACES Award of Merit award is the highest recognition given to a college of ACES alumnus from the ACES Alumni Association. The Award of Merit recognition recognizes alumni that bring honor to themselves and their alma mater by demonstrating outstanding professional achievement and outstanding leadership or service that has enhanced or improved the lives of others. This year, the ACES Alumni Board, had an opportunity to review one of the highest number of application pools for this award nomination and selected five alumni to recognize in 2015.
We are proud to announce the 2015 Award of Merit winners are:
• Dan E. Hoge, B.S. '66 Animal Sciences, M.S. '68 Animal Sciences of Cambridge, IL
Dan is a Professor and Livestock Judging Coach at Black Hawk College, East Campus
• Susan L. Johnson, Ph.D. '93 Nutritional Sciences of Louisville, CO
Susan is Professor and Director of the Children's Eating Labratory at the University of Colorado
• Daniel R. Kittle, Ph.D. '80 Plant Pathology, M.S. '78 Plant Pathology of Carmel, IN
Dan is the Global Vice President of Research and Development at Dow AgriSciences LLC
• Gregory R. Oltman, B.S. '72 Ornamental Horticulture of Barrington, IL
Greg is the Owner of GRO Horticultural Enterprises, Inc.
• Kenna B. Rathai, B.S. '93 Ag Communications of Saint Anne, IL
Kenna is the Owner of Kenna B. Rathai Communications and serves as a Public Relations Consultant and Freelance Writer
These award winners will be recognized on Monday, April 13, 2015 at the I-Hotel and Conference Center during the ACES Award of Merit luncheon as well as the college FUNK Banquet that evening. All are invited to attend the ACES Award of Merit Luncheon and can register online to help us celebrate these outstanding ACES Alumni and their contributions to their professions and the College of ACES.
The College of ACES Alumni Association also sponsor the ACES Outstanding Young Alumni and ACES Family Spirit awards. These applications are now available online and are due May 15, 2015. These winners will be recognized at the ACES College Connection event on Friday, September 11. Mark your calendars!
We look forward to recognizing outstanding College of ACES Alumni this year!