- Agricultural & Biological Engineering
- Agricultural & Consumer Economics
- Agricultural Education
- Animal Sciences
- Crop Sciences
- Food Science & Human Nutrition
- Human Development & Family Studies
- Natural Resources & Environmental Sciences
- Division of Nutritional Sciences
- Agricultural Communications Program
Offices and Services:
The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
December is a notoriously busy month for a variety of reasons. Holidays and traveling are probably what come to mind for most people, along with final exams for students. In addition to the holiday madness, here are just a few of the things going on in my world in the Office of Academic Programs:
- Freshman admissions-the priority notification date for fall, 2013 applicants was December 14, and post-priority applications are due January 2, 2013. That’s lots of reading and reviewing.
- Also admissions-related, students who left campus and want to return for spring had a deadline of December 15 for submission of their reentry petitions. Even more reading and reviewing!
- Fall grades are due December 26 at noon. A couple days after that, we’ll begin what’s called the Academic Standing Review process, which is an opportunity for a holistic evaluation of the entire record of those students who were assigned as academic drop by the Banner system at the conclusion of the term or who were on College Probation. Still more reading and reviewing…
- Those undergraduates who are completing their degree requirements in the fall, 2012 term are busily sending transcripts and visiting our Admissions and Records Supervisor, Mick Harmon, to make sure they do in fact have everything done. And Mick carefully reads and reviews all of the degree audits then to ensure all is indeed in order.
The list could go on for pages, but you get the idea—it is a busy time for everyone, and the semester has flown by yet again. Good luck on finals to all of our ACES students, congratulations to those of you who will find out that you’re ACES-students-to-be via the freshman priority notification today, and a big congratulations to all the December graduates!