URBANA, Ill. – University of Illinois Extension will present a web conference on soil and water management at several Extension offices throughout the state on Thurs., February 25.
Web conferencing and Power Point presentations will be offered at several host locations. Certified crop advisors can receive 4.5 hours of credit for participating, though the event is open to all producers, farm managers, or agronomists.
Host units include:
- Jo Daviess, Stephenson, Winnebago
- Ogle, Dekalb, Boone
- Carroll, Whiteside, Lee
- Rock Island, Henry, Mercer
- Bureau, Putnam, LaSalle, Marshall
- Livingston, Woodford, McLean
- Fulton, Mason, Tazewell, Peoria
- Henderson, Warren, Knox, McDonough
- Hancock, Adams, Schuyler, Brown, Pike
- Cass, Calhoun, Greene, Morgan, Scott
- Piatt, Macon, Dewitt
- Iroquois, Ford, Champaign, Vermilion, Ford
- Menard, Logan, Sangamon
- Douglas, Moultrie, Shelby, Cumberland, Coles
- Christian, Montgomery, Macoupin, Jersey
- Fayette, Effingham, Jasper, Clay
- Madison, St. Clair, Monroe
- Bond, Clinton, Marion, Washington, Jefferson
Topics and speakers include:
- Harnessing plant-microbe interactions to improve soil health - Anthony Yannarell, U of I
- Using Drones for Water Management - Dennis Bowman, U of I Extension
- Getting Water to Where Roots Need It - Kevin Erb, UW Extension
- The 3 Fates of Nitrates: 1 is GREAT; 1 we HATE; and 1 we TOLERATE - Laura Gentry, Illinois Corn Growers Association and U of I
- Using LIDAR and other Remote Sensing for Soil and Water Management - Ron Collman, Illinois NRCS state soil scientist
- Extreme Precipitation, Extreme Erosion? - Jim Angel, Illinois state climatologist
Registration cost is $45 per person and includes materials and lunch. To register, participants should contact their local Extension host site. Registration deadline for most sites is Feb. 18.
For more information, contact Duane Friend at 217-243-7424 or email@example.com.