ACES + LAS Career Fair(s)
Sept. 26, 2024, 1:00 – 6:00 p.m. (anticipate registration opening June 1, 2024)
I-Hotel & Conference Center
1900 S. First Street
Champaign, IL 61820
11:00 am - I-Hotel opens for employer set-up
12:00 pm - Lunch
1:00 pm - Career Fair opens to students
6:00 pm - Career Fair closes
- In-person Registration: $600 ($350 non-profit/government) *rates may change
- Virtual Registration: $100 ($75 for non-profit/government) *rates may change
The standard registration fee includes:
- one career fair booth space (8 feet by 5 feet)
- wireless internet
- lunch for four recruiters
You have the option of purchasing one additional career fair booth space and additional lunches (if you need more than four) when registering.
Resources for Recruiters
Interviews & Events
For interviews with the following majors, note the contact who may best assist you:
- ACES - Jean Drasgow | email@example.com (Fall interview scheduling available on Handshake @ Illinois.)
- LAS Chemistry & Chemical Sciences - Patricia Simpson | firstname.lastname@example.org
- LAS Career Services - Kirstin Wilcox | email@example.com
ACES First Year Connect - This is an event that is focused on connecting ACES + LAS first-year students with employers. This event will be held via the virtual career fair platform on Handshake @ Illinois. However, the intent of this event is for first year (freshman/transfer) students to meet employers and practice introducing themselves. There is no fee for employers to participate in this event. The dates is TBD. More information will be coming.
Additional fairs will be held this fall; registration information can be found on Handshake @ Illinois.
Virtual Fair Resources
Below are resources for employers to review for a fantastic virtual career fair experience:
- Employer Playbook
- Virtual Fair Webinars hosted by Handshake
- A quick virtual fair start guide , a virtual fair blog. or virtual fair help articles.
- If you are new to Handshake @ Illinois, this tool is for you.
Virtual Fair Features on handshake @ Illinois include:
- Pre-scheduled 1:1 (10-minute) sessions with candidates. Be sure to schedule lots of one on one sessions EARLY so you can meet all the great candidates.
- 30 minute group sessions are available
- Easy registration for employers who already use Handshake @ Illinois and for students as they automatically have accounts.
- One stop shop for posting jobs and recruiting students.
Tips for your team:
- Each team member that is recruiting needs to set their schedules in Handshake BEFORE the fair. We recommend at least 2 weeks before the fair so students can see your availability and sign up.
- We suggest using Chrome as your browser. Do not use Internet Explorer.
- Allow for pop-ups - otherwise you will not be able to proceed in the platform.
- If you and/or the student misses a scheduled time, the student will not be able to signup for a later time. We suggest you arrange for an alternate time to connect.
Logistics for Recruiters
Traveling by Car
The University of Illinois is easily accessible by using Interstate 74, Interstate 72, and Interstate 57.
Parking at the I-Hotel is free.
Traveling by Air
The University of Illinois is serviced by the University of Illinois Willard Airport (CMI) which has American Eagle as a major carrier. CMI is located about 5 miles southwest of the University of Illinois. It offers a variety of ground transportation options including taxi service and onsite car rentals from Avis, Budget, Hertz, and National.
Other major airports within a 160-mile radius of Champaign-Urbana include: Chicago O’Hare (four-hour drive), Chicago Midway (three-and-a-half-hour drive), Bloomington (50-minute drive), and Indianapolis (two-hour drive).
The I Hotel and Conference Center
1900 S. First Street, Champaign, IL 61820
Hilton Garden Inn
1501 S. Neil Street, Champaign, IL 61820
101 Trade Center Drive, Champaign, IL 61820
1401 W. Green Street, Urbana, IL 61801
The Hyatt Place
217 N. Neil Street, Champaign, IL 61820
Please have any display items needed shipped to:
I Hotel and Conference Center
ACES + LAS Career Fair Event
Attn: (Name of person/vendor who will claim the shipment in the Conference Center)
1900 S. First St.
Champaign, IL 61820
Shippers are responsible to track packages to ensure delivery has been made. At the conclusion of the conference, packages to be shipped from the I Hotel and Illinois Conference Center should have prepaid labels attached to each package and vendor should confirm that Fed Ex, UPS, etc. agrees to pick up the package based on the label provided. Vendors must bring the packages to the Conference Center desk and not leave them at their booth.
For over-sized shipments that will arrive/depart by freight, the vendor should contact the Conference Center to discuss size and weight. We do NOT have a lift gate. Trucks must arrive with their own lift gate. We have limited storage and over-sized deliveries should be discussed in advance.