Who can participate in DSAP?

Only current sophomores (10th grade) and juniors (11th grade) high school students can apply.

Can I participate more than once?

We encourage you to re-apply if you are interested in another DSAP experience; however, second experiences are not guaranteed.

What are the eligibility requirements?

Submit online application, upload official current high school transcript, writing prompts, class rank (top 25% of their class) and have a "B" average in STEM grades, play a role in the selection process. If admitted there will be a non-refundable $50 programmatic fee. 

How much does the program cost?

If admitted there will be a $50 non-refundable programmatic fee. The program will cover university housing and meals. There is NO application fee! 

What supporting documents are required with my application?

All applicants need to submit their online application, upload their current official transcript and answer two writing prompts before the deadline on Friday-April 19, 2024. 

Do you have additional information about being away from home?

Please visit our Guide for Participants and Parents.

Where will I be staying?

We will send you information about your residence hall once you are accepted. For questions about what is allowed in your dorm room, visit our Guide for Participants and Parents page under "Items to bring"

What types of clothing should I bring?

Please see our Guide for Participants and Parents for a list of acceptable and non-acceptable articles of clothing.

I live in town. Do I have to stay in the residence hall in campus?

Yes, we would like for you to experience what college life will be like in our university residence hall. 

Are meals included in the program?

Yes. The program will cover meals for the week, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner. However, you are free to check out the variety of on-campus restaurants at your own cost.

I am not a resident of the state of Illinois. Can I participate in summer program?

Unfortunately, we do not accept students out of state. 

I was accepted into the program, but I do not have a state-issued I.D. Will a school I.D. be acceptable?

No. Acceptable forms of I.D. are state-issued photo I.D., driver's license, or passport. Please visit your local DMV to obtain your I.D.