There's a lot of noise on social media these days about the environment, food, families, agriculture, health, and finances. And, we have scientists available to discuss the topics on your mind and in the news.
Our goal is simple—to connect you to the science and help answer your questions.
Ag Mental Health
Mental health is a concern in rural areas, as farmers cope with stress and uncertainty due to economic and environmental conditions. Often, there are no mental health providers in the local community. In this episode, we talk with Josie Rudolphi, an assistant professor of agricultural and biological engineering in the College of ACES and University of Illinois Extension about some of the risk factors for depression and anxiety among farmers are, and what resources are available to help.
- Industrial Hemp
- Insect Pests and Plant Diseases 2019
- The ABCs of School Nutrition
- Urban Food Production Systems in Cook County
- Beef Cow Nutrition
- #askACES Pest And Disease
- Personal - Finance
- Why Does My Dog Do That?
- Diet & Exercise
- Preparing For College
- Wildlife in Urban Areas
- Reducing food waste and food loss
- Figuring out the Farm Bill
- Managing Stress
- From Toys to Tools: Robotic vehicles in agriculture
- What’s in my milk? Truth vs. myth
- Addressing Food Insecurity in the U .S.: The Critical Role of SNAP
- Invasive Species
- Nutrition Labeling #AskACES
- Spring Cleaning: Maintaining Your Romantic Relationship
- Herbicide Resistance
- Conservation Psychology
- Water Quality & Farming
- Microbes & Gut Health with Dr. Hannah Holscher
- Understanding Biofuels Mandates with Dr. Scott Irwin
- The Science of Processed Meats with Dr. Anna Dilger
- Childhood Obesity: A Complex Picture with Dr. Barbara Fiese