There's a lot of noise on social media these days about the environment, food, families, agriculture, health, and finances. And in the College of ACES, we have scientists available to discuss the topics on your mind and in the news.
Join us for our regular scheduled live Twitter chats using #askACES. During these one-hour chats, our ACES scientists will be online to answer your questions. We follow this chat with a taped podcast that you can go back and reference at any time. Our goal is simple—to connect you to the science and help answer your questions.
School nutrition has been featured in many news stories lately, but how do all the recent policy changes impact your local schools? What can you do to improve the school food environment at your child’s school? Join us for a Twitter chat with Whitney Ajie and Leia Flure of University of Illinois Extension and Dr. Melissa Pflugh Prescott, assistant professor of school/childhood foods and nutrition in the Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, to learn what today’s school meals are really like.
- Urban Food Production Systems in Cook County
- Beef Cow Nutrition
- #askACES Pest And Disease
- Personal - Finance
- Why Does My Dog Do That?
- Diet & Exercise
- Preparing For College
- Wildlife in Urban Areas
- Reducing food waste and food loss
- Figuring out the Farm Bill
- Managing Stress
- From Toys to Tools: Robotic vehicles in agriculture
- What’s in my milk? Truth vs. myth
- Addressing Food Insecurity in the U .S.: The Critical Role of SNAP
- Invasive Species
- Nutrition Labeling #AskACES
- Spring Cleaning: Maintaining Your Romantic Relationship
- Herbicide Resistance
- Conservation Psychology
- Water Quality & Farming
- Microbes & Gut Health with Dr. Hannah Holscher
- Understanding Biofuels Mandates with Dr. Scott Irwin
- The Science of Processed Meats with Dr. Anna Dilger
- Childhood Obesity: A Complex Picture with Dr. Barbara Fiese