Three Round Barns represent past, present and future; the round barn shape signifies unity and the "circle of life" nature of our organization. The Round Barns are a touchstone that all graduates relate back to the University, and to put it in a word, the Round Barn simply represents LEGACY.
The mission of the Round Barn Society is to honor individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to the College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences and to foster their continuing involvement in the College of ACES Alumni Association.
Membership is granted to alumni who have served in elected leadership positions of the alumni boards or has received individual award recognition.
Membership includes: (c = charter member)
- Past College of Agriculture Alumni Board Members(c)
- Past SHRFS/Home Economics Alumni Board Members (c)
- Past ACES Alumni Board Members (c)
- Agriculture Award of Merit winners (c)
- SHRFS Award of Merit winners (c)
- ACES Award of Merit winners (c)
- ACES Young Alumni Award winners (c)
- ACES UIAA Award Winners (added in 2013)
There will be no bylaws for this society. The Round Barn Society will operate as a sub-group of the ACES Alumni Association Board of Directors.
- Special recognition of members with a "Round Barn Society" lapel pin.
- Recognition at all ACES Alumni events with nametag recognition.
- Newsletter correspondence from ACES Alumni Board of Directors and College of ACES.
- Annual reception or event.
- Opportunities for service.
Additional benefits include the opportunity to network and socialize with other alumni of the College and to continue involvement in the College through participation in selected projects and programs.
Demonstrate your commitment to ACES as a Round Barn Society member.