Resources to Help Your Students
ACES Career Services provides job readiness presentations that cover the following topics:
- Cover letters and resumes
- LinkedIn Tips
- Career exploration
- Articulating knowledge, skills, and abilities to employers (career competencies)
- Interviewing (behavior-based, case, illegal, etc.)
- First impressions
- Career Fair prep (elevator speeches, how to dress, general do's and don'ts)
- Job search
- Researching organizations
- Determining culture fit
- How to use Handshake @ Illinois
If you have been asked to write a letter of reference and would like some guidance, the University of Illinois Springfield has some helpful tips.
ACES Career Services also has career booklets and interview card decks for your students. You can request items by emailing Jean Drasgow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, be sure to email Jean Drasgow at email@example.com if you have information about your former students' success. Former student stories are included in the weekly newsletter to help current students understand relevant career paths.
Handshake @ Illinois
Handshake @ Illinois is the online job board and career services system used by the University of Illinois to manage on-campus recruiting. Faculty are invited to use Handshake to student post positions as well.