The ACES Global Ambassador Program raises awareness and interest in global engagement programs through the eyes of study abroad and virtual global experience students. We aim to showcase students' global perspectives and inspire current peers and prospective students to engage in diverse and inclusive cross-cultural learning experiences. This is in support of our mission to “make the world a better place by growing and sharing affordable food to keep people and communities healthy, and preserving and restoring our natural resources.”
As Global Ambassadors, students have the opportunity to develop their global leadership skills through sharing their individual cultural, academic, and linguistic immersion experiences with the ACES community. In efforts to increase awareness and motivate other students to engage as active citizens in our multifaceted, multicultural world.
What will I do as a College of ACES Global Ambassador?
- Represent ACES Study Abroad at ACES-wide events and/or program-specific events
- Reaching out to fellow students through tabling, orientations, classroom presentations, and campus fairs (SA fairs, Quad Day, ACES Fair, Admitted Student Days, etc.)
- Promote study abroad events
- Social media
- On-campus outreach efforts
- Create, review, and/or edit content for social media
- Student spotlights
- Vlogs/Video vlogs
- Student “Take-Overs”
- Connect directly with future study abroad students
- Weekly advising hours
- Email correspondence
- Engage with international exchange students studying at UIUC for a semester or academic year
- Welcome and farewell events
- Cultural activities
What is the commitment?
Participate on a volunteer basis, but encourage participation in:
- Commit to being a Global Ambassador for at least a full semester
- Attend mandatory training at the beginning of the semester you will be commuting.
- 3-5 Outreach Events/Activities
- Attend monthly meetings with fellow ambassadors and ACES Study Abroad
- Create/coordinate one project (video, blog, photo album, event, etc.)
- Have a passion for global engagement and travel!
- Able to maintain a professional and positive attitude regarding international experiences while representing the ACES Study Abroad Office.
- Have strong multifaceted skills (writing, speaking)
- Reliability and accountability for overall responsibilities and timely correspondence with staff members and fellow Ambassadors.