The Office of International Programs coordinates a number of grants for ACES faculty and staff to receive funding to pursue teaching, research, and extension objectives.
Active Grant Programs
Seed Grants Program
The International Seed Grants Program was initiated by the ACES Office of International Programs at the University of Illinois to stimulate and promote strong relationships between ACES faculty and international faculty that will develop and flourish into larger, sustainable, collaborative efforts in research, education, and outreach. Each project was funded through the Arlys Conrad Endowment Fund.
We are not currently accepting seed grant proposals; check back during Fall 2020.
Joint Research Program
The ACES International Joint Research Program is administered by the Office of International Programs in the College of ACES with the support of the ACES Office of Research.
This program provides support to enable ACES faculty to work on projects with researchers based at peer institutions abroad who are funded at a matching level to work on the same project. The contribution from ACES will be made directly to the Illinois scholar and the matching support may be made to the collaborating researcher at the peer institution. Illinois researchers may request up to $20,000 to be used within 24 months. Collaborating researchers abroad must receive at least the same amount to work on the same project.
Themes research proposals may include
- Economic and Community Development
- Food Security (Availability, Access, & Utilization of Food by at-risk populations)
- Global Climate Change
- Natural Resources and Sustainability
- Nutrition and Human Health
Pre-approved peer institutions
- Belgium: Catholic University of Leuven (KUL)
- Brazil: Federal University of Viçosa
- China: Zhejiang University, China Agricultural University, Beijing
- Ghana: University of Ghana at Legon
- Mexico: National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), Autonomous University of San Luis Potosi (UASLP)
- The Philippines: University of the Philippines at Los Baños
- Singapore: Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- Taiwan: National Taiwan University (NTU)
- International: IRRI, CIMMYT, ICRISAT