The Office of International Programs (OIP) coordinates a variety of events to facilitate international engagement. See below for information on current and past lectures, workshops, and symposia. For upcoming events you can view our calendar.
The ACES Distinguished International Lecture Series brings distinguished speakers to campus to discuss international experiences and issues. Faculty, staff, and students are invited to participate in the lecture series to explore and enhance their understanding of international affairs.
In addition to its longstanding distinguished lecture series, the Office of International Programs has established a workshop series to provide more extensive educational opportunities and interactions with distinguished guests.
The Office of International Programs organizes and co-sponsors symposia events for internal and external audiences.
- SAVE THE DATE: Fifth Annual International Food Security Symposium: Building Institutional Capacity for Food Security – April 2–3, 2019
- Fourth Annual Food Security Symposium: R&D to Avoid a World Food Crisis - April 30 – May 1, 2018
- Third Annual Food Security Symposium: Commercial Agriculture in Tropical Environments - April 2017
- Second Annual Food Security Symposium: Using Big Data to Improve International Food Security. March 2016.
- Food Systems for Food Security Symposium. February 10, 2015.
- Conference on Nutrition, Health and Gender in Sub-Saharan Africa. 2015. (Co-sponsor)
- National Defense University. 2012, 2014. OIP hosts a cadre of senior officials from national militaries around the world as part of their Midwest tour to learn about critical food security and agribusiness issues.
- Illinois Agricultural Leadership Program. 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018. OIP assembled a line-up of speakers to help this group broaden their awareness of international social, political, and cultural issues. Attendees develop a better understanding of the role and responsibility of the U.S. within an ever-changing global agribusiness environment.
- UP-Amigos International Symposium. 2013. This international symposium convened researchers who are investigating obesity and metabolic syndrome among Mexican-orgin populations.
The ACES Office of International Programs (OIP) is sponsoring a series of talks in close collaboration with all ACES departments, in order to deliver discipline specific content with a strong international dimension, to the existing and new department seminar series. Speakers in this annual program are jointly supported by OIP and the specific ACES Department.